miercuri, 5 martie 2008

The "Let it Be" Love-Generation

There is a song that I used to fancy in my moments of teenage heartache, those times in which you feel that the world is coming to an end because he left you, cheated on you or did anything else even remotely resembling the betrayal of your 16-year-old romantic heart. "I will love again", sung by Lara Fabian.

"I will love again, even if it takes a lifetime to get over you/ Heaven only knows, I will love again/ Though my heart is breaking I will love again/Stronger than before". Yap. Very true song in my case. With the one exception that...it never quite took a lifetime...in the worst cases it took a spring or a summer, or maybe both, but my wounded heart proved ever so strong and always healing.

It is strange to look back at the loves you've had in your life. And by love I don't necessarily mean those passionate, romantic and full-hearted love affairs that you see in the movies, but even the summer-flings, the secret crushes you had on someone, the butterflies that you once felt in your stomach. All that stays with you, one way or another, even if you can't feel it anymore or not even understand it anymore, it's somewhere in you, on a tiny shelf in your heart, where all the unrequited crushes, tears of love, heartaches and "What Ifs" eventually end up residing.

The heart has its own cycle of healing and it is amazing when you realize how strong we really are and how inexhaustible our capacity of loving is. As many heartaches as we may have, as many disappointments and teary goodbyes, as cautious as we may become at some point...the hope of love never leaves us completely. Hope itself is the engine of life. It helps us cruise past our bad times and daydream about the good ones to come. And probably this is what makes life truly worth-living :)

Niciun comentariu: